In "Frolics", 6"x6", acrylic on gessobord, the collage pieces are acrylic skins, which were quite transparent. I made a mistake and did not let the gel dry underneath the pieces, before adding another layer of clear pouring medium. I have no idea if or when the angular pieces will become clear and show the background colors through them. If not, I actually like them as they are, so no real loss. If so, I think it would be more interesting and exciting.
For "Spangles", 8"x8", acrylic on paper and gessobord, I added some texture but did not really care for the effect. Now I have put a thicker layer of soft gel on top, that should even out the texture somewhat. On top of that, I pressed in some acrylic on paper shards that seemed compatible with the dark reds of this piece. I don't know how this will look in the end.
"Jellyfish", 8"x8", acrylic on gessobord, was very blue green. I had made these acrylic skins with pouring medium and high-flow acrylics, and they have a fluid or sea creature look. I hope this will resolve into a pleasing undersea effect.