We had to euthanize our dog Bo on Wednesday, and I have not felt cheerful enough to work in the studio until today. This was a sheet of watercolor paper that I wiped my paintbrushes off onto, and I painted on it today with off-white to make hard-edged shapes. Then I added the squiggles, which I made from artist's tissue, coated with acrylic gel medium, dried, then painted on them. The medium makes the tissue transparent, so I can cut them out and look at them on different areas of the painting and decide where they look best. Just a warmup exercise for fun.
I also cleaned up the studio and organized all my collage papers into drawers by color, just the primaries and secondaries (yellow, orange, red, violet, blue, and green).